Sunday, May 24, 2015

A little History, bit about Me, & What You are Walking into....

Hello and Welcome to Anything at Anytime... Again,

(just finished, it is Long, better have a pot of Coffee ready)

I have spent the better part of this last week working on building this here blog and getting it ready to meet the World.  I think it has taken shape nicely, although the Header was a Royal Pain in the A$$.
Finally got it....
I wanted it one way and had to "settle" for something else but I think the "settle" is actually better than what I had wanted. 

Go Figure?!

This Blog is a Rebirth, or "Again" - as 5 years ago yesterday I posted the Rules, and 5 years ago today I posted my First Post on Anything at Anytime (not one of my better ones there but it was a start). 
If you go back and look around there is a good bit there I will be transferring over here.  Some I already have ready to go, all I have to do is Publish the pages and they will be here with links to the old site so you can see the originals. 
I would Love for any of you that look in here, fiddle around there reading and seeing if there are any things or concepts I started there that you as Readers would like to see here, just let me know and I will see about getting them here or starting a similar track here. 

If you look at both side by side -- there are some Similarities but I think you will notice quite a bit different.  I have tried to clean things up.  Not as Much Junk on the table so to speak.
I still have a Flag counter but that is at the bottom of the page out of the way, a Page counter to see what Numbers you have turned over... Anything at Anytime has had some traffic over the years, as I write this the number of pages there is at  197,450  a good bit considering that the first year had 21,600 page views.... so someone is reading... and it goes up a little every day...
It may take awhile to get those numbers here, but lets have fun and see if we can beat that 5 year Number here... I hope you All will enjoy the ride and adventure with me...?

I am working a lot of different angles/things here on "Again" that are hopefully seeds that will grow and flourish in the future - No, I will not give any Hints at this time but I hope it bears fruit and everyone that visits here has fun, or Thinks, or has a Different Opinion or idea....
Sometimes I might ask you all to go to other blogs or sites to look, read and find things that pertain to a topic or idea, maybe even clues to things to come.... Who Knows, Not I (lol... at least not yet...).

A bit about me,
I am a Father of two Beautiful Fantastic Daughters.
Husband to a Wife that Just melts My Heart with Love at the thought of her. 
I am an Alcoholic that quit drinking within days of our getting married.
I am Pro Legalization for Both Medical and Recreational Marijuana (not just in my state of Texas but Nationally).
Time to put an End to the Second American Prohibition, to many Suffer for the Greed of Others (Incarcerations of minor non-violent violations, Those in Pain and Need Relief, or Control of some medical conditions). 
It is Just Ridiculous, Nuts....

Speaking of Nuts....
I am also Bi-Polar, I have DEEP UGLY Depressions (which in part caused the decline of Anything at Anytime),
I have Manic Highs (not that kind... chuckling -- those are good but not what I was referring to) that can range from Gambling, Risk taking that I would normally not take, thinking things are better than they truly are....   as everything around me falls apart....
There is much, Much more pertaining to that.....
Those that know, who are, have a family member that is, will tell you....
It is Not the easiest thing to live with and...  sometimes the Ones We LOVE pay Dearly because they are the closest to the "Points of Explosion" (a Manic)
or watching the Depression eat us alive....
It does not help that I also suffer from Later Stage Emphysema (check the old blog some good but old links there for info - Emphysema & Journal), which makes it hard to be as active as I wish.

I am Passionate about many things and I do NOT hesitate to let people know. 
I had a Fantastic, Great education from;  Whitesboro High School, Whitesboro TX, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Army (Yes, I served in both), El Paso Community College (got my Associates), and of course the best way to Learn..... by LIVING Life, Failures and Successes alike (more Failures than Successes, just makes those Successes that Much More Sweeter for all the trials).

I Read, I READ a LOT.... So when Closed Minded Bone Heads decide to be literal Asses about something I am Passionate about and Know better than the Sanctimonious Crap they Spew, I will call them out.  I will ask for their Proof/Facts/Support and dissect it like a frog from biology class, bit by bit, nerve by nerve....
Then I will present my Position with my Support and ask them to do the same... Some do and Fair Debate ensues and We all learn and maybe come to a common understanding and agreement....
Then there are those that can't stand the "Heat from the Kitchen" and claim uncivil as their defense and block people so they don't have to face a failing in their "Position/Stance".  In cases like that No One is a winner... because No One learned......

If I bring up a Topic that is an ISSUE Topic -- I would LOVE and Desire Open Fair Debate in the comments of that Post(s).  But there are Rules (see Rules & Privacy) PLEASE abide by them, they are there for ALL of Us not just me.
Open Honest Fair Debate leads to Intelligent Action(s) and Decisions...
We as a People NEED that Now more than ever... Let it start here and maybe it just might catch on?

All of that being said...

If you have made it this far and I have not lost you....
I can Promise you Here and Now....
You will find stories (some short, some Long, some in parts building upon each other),
Things I See Good and Bad alike and what and how I feel about them,
Rants,
Raves,
Funnies (no... not Bunnies albeit there is one on Anything at Anytime if you look and No I am not providing that link, you have to go LOOK for it),
Dragons,
YES DRAGONS (I LOVES me some Dragons.... lol)
(Pictures and Stories as I can work them in) just look at my header....

The Internet has provided me a "Soap Box."
I whole Heartedly Intend to USE IT....
Some will listen and others will just walk on by...
But as One or Two stop in, others take notice and join in....
Together.... 
Well, Together Things Change...

&

I Promise to Keep Anything at Anytime.... Again as AD FREE as possible
Currently NO ADs and don't plan on it "Anytime"  (see what I did there... lol) soon...

Now if I get MASSIVE amounts of Traffic say....  10+ THOUSAND visits
(HUGE GIGANTIC Pipe Dream there) per day...
then I MAY consider putting up 1 (One) or 2 (Two) ADs
No more than that.

I hate ADs,  They Ruin Good Sites... So they will NOT be an issue here.

Now as I prepare the post schedule I wonder "How Many will see this and Read the WHOLE thing?"

This Post was like this to let you know what your walking into...

I Plan to "Put it on the Table"...
Be Who and What I am.....
Either accept it,
Enjoy the Good,
Debate the differences,
and
At times, agree to disagree....

If after what I have and Will write you can't do those things...
Have a Good Life and Carry On....

But if you can accept what I "Put on the Table"....

Please, take a seat and let us Enjoy a "bowl" ( when it is LEGAL ) listen to good Music, and talk Person to Person.

I Thank you for your time
Enjoy Life and Family as LONG as you have them... Every Minute Counts

Danny N. Winfield Jr.





6 comments:

  1. Great start to a new beginning. It looks great. I am so proud of you. Can't wait to read more.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree you did get a better education than most. Your education comes from seeing the world and life experiences.(some experiences have been hard though) I feel this is what makes your writing so interesting to read. That's why I can't wait to read more. I do disagree with the legalization though.
    Love you hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new site, Danny. I'm glad to see you back.
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hon, Girls..... but you all are Jaded.... lol :)
    your Family.... Love you All

    #1Nana -- Thanks for stopping in and paying me a visit on my first day back
    Where there any "Favorites" you liked over at the old site you would like to see here?
    just let me know....

    ReplyDelete

First and Foremost
NO Personal attacks
A Difference of Opinion and Honest Open Debate are Respected and Encouraged
But....
NO Personal Attacks
Check the Rules & Privacy Page
It's all right there

Stories Read (aka - Pages)